Friday, June 28, 2013

I SEE YOU! Can you SEE me?


 Don't look the other way, sometimes the difference between life and death for an animal....is you!

                                OUCH! I did it! Tetanus shot done! Doggies here I come.

In every social movement there is a moment when everything changes. Whether that moment is a university admission, a protest or a speech by a leader is irrelevant. The moment itself is what matters, because afterwards...nothing is ever the same.  
-Annie Hart


How true is that! I have worked in and out of all forms of rescue for a very long time. I always wanted to make changes and though I was doing well at it. But I would also go about my ways and try other things, do other things. But never did I go to the "trenches" I could not bear to see. I knew how bad things could be, but I never though I would have the strength to Go THERE.

I understand why many people shut down emotionally. It is a way of protecting themselves from hurt and suffering in the world. We need to realize if we completely disconnect from the reality of the suffering, inhumane treatment we then disconnect from our thoughts and the real problems around us.
And by doing so, we cause the problem to continue and to become even worse.

Having empathy, makes us see the reality of what is around us. Things we do not want to know about or deal with. I mean sometimes simple Daily life is hard enough. But again, by avoiding these things, we actually make the problems we are avoiding grow to such an extent that we have no other choice but to eventually see it.


Can we fix this? I believe the answer is YES!

We need to recognize the problems instead of avoiding them and thinking:"this is to much, there is nothing I can do." 
We tend to shut our eyes to it and it kind of goes away... But in reality it won't it will Grow.
We need to feel bad to make us take action and then try our best to make a difference. No matter how small.


So someone, actually, several of us are stepping up and taking action, then others will or can fall in and help in little ways. In time we will chip away at the big problem that becomes workable. And in doing so, we can make drastic changes in many lives. Ours included.

Let's open our eyes & our heart, get past the hurt and pain. Make a conscious choice to help in any way we can, and with this Hope, change and survival will emerge. We can truly make a difference.

And on that note; A super easy way to make a difference that is harmless, easy and 
only a few clicks away. 

We only have ONE DAY LEFT for a radio contest to win funds for CARF
contest closes SATURDAY at 1pm

go to www.dolfijnfm.com
on the left side of page is a BLACK COLUMN that says POLL
click on CARF   curacao animal rescue foundation
click on VOTE

The more votes we have, the more money we make. The amount up for grabs is 3,000 nfl approx 1,700.00 cdn dollars that amount will cover the food cost at the shelter for close to a month.
Every little bit helps. Please Share.









No comments:

Post a Comment