Saturday, June 15, 2013

I LOVE NAKED DOGS!

Yesterday I went to see my favorite hairdresser named Libby.
I walked out blonder & she threw in a few well placed not in your face burgundy streaks just for the heck of it :)  
Libby works from home, she is a very busy mum of 2 adorable kids and a whole lot of rescues.
From ducks, goats, geese, turtles, cats & dogs.
I so love getting my hair done there, you sit with a cup of tea and a cat or 2, then a dog or 2.
You walk out feeling happy, zen and looking good :)

I believe hairdressers are very akin to bartenders, part of their work is to listen &I am sure they know more of what is going on around town then the Town itself... So of course we talk and has she listened, Libby learned all about CARF and all the great work they do. I then pulled out my camera and showed her some photos of the dogs.
Many of the dogs have very little fur due to sickness and mange in their before photos. She found them adorable and proudly proclaimed: "I LOVE NAKED DOGS!" its like the new "bald" for men.
Was not expecting that from a hairdresser. lol

So tomorrow is the Garage Sale, I really am pulling this one out of the hat! With little time for prep, and on my 3rd printer trying to print photos and information and it is not working. One printer not compatible, Printer number 2 out of ink, printer number 3... check cartridges.. So Posters will not be what is expected. I managed to fill my trailer with odds and ends, some fun and funky items will be up for grabs tomorrow and Hopefully people will open their hearts and their wallets to help support the dogs of CARF.
Items up for grabs: A choice of a beautiful plastic pink flamingos, an over sized rubber ducky, a turquoise retro typewriter, a vintage old chest, a table set, lamps, nick-knacks  and other odd items.

Weather is looking good! So fingers are crossed and now time for bed, up early tomorrow morning for set up and lets see what we can bring in for the dogs...
Wish me luck!


"My doctrine is this: That if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and we do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt".~ Anna Sewel

No comments:

Post a Comment