Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Gathering....

The Gathering...
So much to do, so much to accomplish, so here we go...

My days are now filled with requests. Dog shampoo, flea shampoo, heartworm, tick medication, collars and leashes... ideas for fundraising to put towards medication and spay/neuter. The simple things to help these animals get back on their feet.

Research, contacts, networking are all part of the project.
It is funny how at times some things just fall in to place;  I am a member on a garage sale facebook site in my area and noticed  a post that someone was requesting collars for a dog rescue in Mexico. The member's sister was home for a visit as she now lives in Mexico and works with a shelter. I contacted them and explained what I am trying to accomplish, we got along great and we will be meeting up this week to discuss ideas, strategies and how things work in other countries.
I have pen & paper ready to take notes! 

"I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man" ~M. Gandhi






No comments:

Post a Comment