Saturday, June 15, 2013

Garage Sale & Pink Flamingos




Today was my "Lets pull this off Garage Sale" to raise funds for CARF.

With the horrible weather we have been having and the constant rain, today, we lucked out! The storm clouds took  a much needed break and let the Sun Shine through.
A beautiful day indeed for a Garage Sale.

Although as previously mentioned, a broken down printer put a wrench in my project & posters,  I managed to get a couple of photos printed of Before and After CARF doggie  and a donation box set up with the basic information.

People came by to see me and some broke down in tears when they saw the photos of the pups. I told them to focus on the "after" results and how many are saved due to the efforts of the volunteers of CARF.
People truly opened up their hearts & their wallets today.

I had many goodies for sale, many did not need or  buy but took the time to drop in looney, twonies, even fives & tens into the donation box.  It was amazing the interest that they showed, many questions and requests for more information on the organization. Several asked to follow my blog, and I was more then happy to give them the link.

For those of you who would like to know how the Sale went;
Well the flamingos and the flashy turquoise boa, were  the first items to fly off the rack, and once the ball started rolling, more items followed suit.

The grand total for today's effort is $368.50 
I still have some items left to sell; So I will try and sell them online and hopefully be able to top up the amount to at least 500.00 before I head back down to Curacao on July 2nd.

All in all, it was a good day. I would like to Thank everyone who took the time to drop by and see me and for the kindness of your donations. It is for a very worthy cause, your donations will certainly help these wonderful animals. Once again, a very sincere THANK YOU!


This story bodes well with today's efforts:


An old man was going for a walk, when he noticed a little boy feeding a thin, shaggy looking dog with bits of bread. He went up to the boy and asked him why he was sharing his bread with the dogs.

The little boy answered, "Because they have nothing. No home, no family, and if I don’t feed them they will die." “But there are homeless dogs everywhere," the old man replied. “So your efforts don’t really make a difference” The little boy looked at the dog and stroked him. “But for this little dog, it makes all the difference in the world.”




1 comment:

  1. Was a fun day and the money you raised will make a difference for a lot of dogs! Well done Kels!!

    ReplyDelete