Saturday, July 6, 2013

Seeing is Believeing ! Let's do This!


Hello to one and all,

I arrived in Curacao, over 3 days ago, and hit the ground running.
The flight was delayed due to storms and then the experience of renting a car.
I will admit, I was a little nervous at first to get a car and drive half way across the island.
Trust me, it may be an island, but lost is easy to do.
I was to arrive at 2.30pm but after the car rental saga and flight delays, Arrival time at the Villa was
close to 6pm.
I contacted Sheila from CARF and we met here at 7pm and laid out our plans for the next morning. 

CARF is a little ways from where I am, with a few roundabouts and to my dismay a blocked road on my way into Willemstad and over the Bridge.
Much like Quebec, very little warning and no detour signs... So much for that leg of the trip. So detour I did, and I actually found my way to the bridge. I also learned to make several U-turns and to try again and again till I found my way to CARF central. Oh, and trust me, On my way back home that evening, I have officially found 8 different ways on how Not to get home.

Sheila has taken me under her wing, and has shown me much of the "Rescue Life" on the island.
I am at times Overwhelmed, shocked, amazed, impressed and very proud to be able to help CARF and their cause.
I have traveled roads that are littered with junk, and as you pass by, you see the thin shapes of these poor dogs all across the island.

The CARF dogs are the lucky one, the care that is given to them is wonderful, some of the recoveries are nothing less than a miracle to my eyes. I have been to vet appointments, foster homes, along lonely dirt roads, drowned ticks, supply shopping, (have you any idea how much "bleach' is needed to keep things clean, the simple supplies that add up for washing, cleaning is endless.) etc.

I will keep this post short, but will this week fill you in on lots of stuff going on.
Just know this, the dogs are amazing!

They desperately need more help, the lucky ones that are in the CARF family will be a pleasure to introduce them to you in the upcoming days.

Tomorrow I will be at the Fundraiser that many of you donated clothes for this event. I will get some photos and post for you as well.

Wishing you all a good evening, Early morning for me, but it has become a much easier ride now that I know my way around with a car.  Some great stories to come.
Follow me on the "Adoption Option" of two sisters found close to death in the Daaibooi area, Wait till you see where they ended up. :) It's all good!
And Just wait till you see Bobbie! What an amazing recovery.

So many more need out help.
CARF is a non profit organization, and tax receipts are available if you would like to help with donations.

Will be back on line in a couple of days!
Wishing you an amazing weekend.

 These 2 photos is of a Little Mama, who has severe Mange, she is being treated for some time now and her hair is starting to come back. She is so sweet. as you can see her giving me her paw. 





No comments:

Post a Comment