Thursday, June 27, 2013

Luggage Overload & Read all over!




Today, I started packing, 2 bags FULL! Clothes for the Doggie Rescue Event in Curacao.
Now what do I do about my clothes?
I believe minimal will be the dress code of the day or should I say weeks? :)
But I did pack my "tick picker" that I got via Penny Petz. Thank you Shelley.
And tomorrow I have my appointment for a Tetanus Shot! Did I mention I "hate" needles?! I mean really!!

As I previously wrote, I have made some amazing contacts while on this journey: One in particular is
Dr. Judith Samson-French, she is the founder of "Dogs with No Names."
Today they posted a photo montage of the work they did up in Labrador this past month.
I am adding the Link here for you to check out. Seriously, Kudos to them. What dedicated volunteers
and people. and what about these Innu Dogs?!"Are those dogs not just so adorable ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Wf3v2Kakw&feature=youtu.be
please share if you can, Dr. Samson-French's work is groundbreaking. We need to spread the news.

 ------------------------

So, would you call this "double dipping?" 2 stories in one paper! :)

Seriously, I think I come by my love of animals naturally from my wonderful family. My Grandmother was the town "vet" although not trained academically she had a natural way and knowing with animals. People around her had very little money and no way to care for injured or sick animals. I remember as a little girl, people would always show up with some animal in need and she would never turn them away.

Then you have my Mum who is featured in the News today for her "what we call The Cattage" she cares for as many as 13 Feral cats (they have been fixed) but the hardship they had to endure during the winter was terrible. And hence with 2 amazing friends, Mike & Sue, we created this area for them. & Tahdah! Now they have their "own" Yield sign! So please Slow down for those cats.

And Eureka! News is getting out there about my upcoming trip to Curacao. Thank you James Parry from Your Local Journal for the wonderful article. It gives a good indication to what I am working towards. CARF cares and the dogs desperately need their "Care!"

Thank you to everyone who donated clothes to bring down to the island. As I mentioned in the article, American Airlines will be loving the Over extended, over weight bags... We will see how I can talk myself into not being "dinged" to much for the extra. We could use it for additional meds;
It is for a good cause :)

OK, time for sleep, much more to do tomorrow.
Wishing everyone a great and happy day.
Thanks for following.
More news to come soon.

Hey check out Mum! :) She is the Cats' Meow!





 

1 comment: